• Summer sale of 60% off on all packages(subscription ranks are not included) is live. Go to our Store

Argue about it.

Pelfamix

Team Factions
Staff member
First of all, this thread is absolutely not related to PrimeGames.
It's talking about an IRL subject.

Created this thread to know your opinions about one unique question. This question is :

Is reinforcing security an infringement of freedoms ?

If you want to share your opinion, debate, argue about it, then just reply down there.
If you reply, try to be constructive, you don't need to have a Touka formated thread, just write what you think about it.

Before replying the thread, there are some things I explain for their meaning on the question :

Reinforcing : Make stronger what is naturally stronger already. (more general, make stronger).
Security : A confident and quiet state of mind that results from the feeling, good or bad, that one is safe from any danger.
Infrengement : Harming, limit something.
Freedoms (plr) : There are several freedoms, for example : Individual Freedom, Freedom to act, The Freedoms of Thought, Freedoms with Economic and Social Content. Just like you can see, I'm talking about ALL the freedoms, and not only some of them.

Also, by "reinforcing security", I mean making current laws/rules more strict *

If you reply, you can write anything, including your own experiences, but make sure there aren't personal informations
(not too intimate infos)

You can say whatever you want about it, but don't be too much off-topic please ^^
(you can argue back on people's answers too)

The reason I am actually posting this thread and asking all this stuff is just by curiousity, and a question I want to resolve on my side, for now I still don't really know.

Also, please avoid toxicity, vulgar language. (as always lol)

Thanks for participating, or at least for reading ! ^_^
Also I know, this is really weird to post here, but why not xD
Ahh ~ this thread. Being on PrimeGames forums. No-sense.

Last edited:

Touka

Registered
Is reinforcing security an infringement of freedoms ?
I see this question as too vague to give a solid yes or no answer to. There are alot of factors for me which would need to be considered, the main being: What law/Rule is being reinforced, How it is being done and Why. Location would completely change the laws aswell. I'll discuss more about this in detail.

Overall, each rule and law exists for a reason. They're there to keep a community safe and to make it the best place for a person to be apart of. Is it at the expense of freedom? Sure. Though I'd personally give up some freedom if it means the world isn't going to burn and everyone isn't going to be hurt.

Onto the main arguement:

I personally live in Australia, in one of the more stricter states. Where compared to other countries there are some stricter laws on things. Such as weaponry (specifically guns + knives).
Nicotine, Vapes, Drugs (of all sorts, including marijuana) especially are amongst the more serious laws.
On the light side, Drinking, Driving, Intercourse, Piercing and in some states Tattoos are hardly cracked down upon.
Then there are the more global laws. Murder, Rape, Pedophilia, Abuse, and whatever else which are considered as more serious crimes amongst the world.

When it comes to what I've listed, there isn't really any I would personally reinforce.
If some were to be reinforced, It would bother me to some extent. However it would purely depend on how it is reinforced and why.

There are ways to reinforce rules and laws without making it completely restrictive. There is always a right and wrong way to go about something, typically the right way would increase security and safety, whilst allowing people to still do what they want aslong as they're not causing any harm to the community. I am further biased on this though, as I personally dont mind most laws being broken in someones private life especially with reasoning.
The wrong way would be a way that would be too restricting and further put risk of harm for the community due to a further reason to rebel and fight the authority.
I do believe it would always be possible to find a solid medium, so long as a law isnt reinforced to an overly forced state.

The other factor was why it was being reinforced.
If it was something decided upon purely due to political gain, personal feeling or to support a minority (if the majority is heavily against it) then I would personally disagree with any sort of reinforcement. As it would not be in the best interest of the community the law/rule protects/effects.
There would be times where a judgement would have to be made against the communities wants. However I would not force it unless it heavily met the "right" side of the right and wrong.

Overall, I support reinforcement (at the expense of freedom) if it is within the best interest of the community, to protect their safety and well being.
I do not support it if it is overly forced, especially due to political gain, personal feeling or being against the majority.
∙ ∙ ∙
Additional Notes
Thank you for the compliment and shoutout @Pelfamix , your formatting looks great in this aswell.
Thank you to anyone who decides to read through this to, just a bit of fun haha.

~Touka

Uhm so first i'd like to say i'm 14 so please don't assume I know my laws perfectly. Moving on from that, I'd like to say no i wouldnt say it is based on my common sense and knowledge of the (US) laws.

LIL

Staff member
Trainee
Uhm so first i'd like to say i'm 14 so please don't assume I know my laws perfectly. Moving on from that, I'd like to say no i wouldnt say it is based on my common sense and knowledge of the (US) laws.
That was confusing to read...

Put commas or it is hard to understand. #EnglishTeacherOnline lol. I like US laws they don’t bother me really.