Important Two Lava

MeltedCloud29

↠ Far From Home ↞
Staff member
As we all know, the chest that comes with your island when you first start comes with 2 ice, 2 water sources, and only 1 lava.
I'd like to make the suggestion for letting the chest have two lava source blocks. Reason:
Many newcomers don't like to read the rules or follow a tutorial before they start. They attempt to make a cobblestone generator, and LOTS of them fail to.
Then they ask in chat for someone to donate lava or money to buy lava. It's annoying that we don't get to help them..
If they started with two lavas, they could mess up the first cobble generator and have a second chance. They will most likely ask in chat for someone to help them/go to the tutorial island. Then we will have less players asking for lava! and, theyll know more about the gamemode when they visit the tutorial island
Ive seen many many new players get upset because they cant make a cobble gen, this is an idea that ive been planning to make a thread on for a WHILE, so let me know what you think :D

QuotedMoney

Staff member
Helper
Well a way to counter act the failing at building a cobble gen is having the players (when they first ever join sb1) automaticaly spawn on the tutorial island but the next time they ever join sb1, they spawn at the main spawn. This idea is stated by Ver.

Last edited:

Imout007

I IS TEH BEST
Staff member
Why not add a sign saying “Do /warp tuto if you have any questions in how to start your skyblock!” Or something like that on the beginning island. It would help so many people and this would prevent those who mess up with their lava frequently.

Aware

Registered
Why not add a sign saying “Do /warp tuto if you have any questions in how to start your skyblock!” Or something like that on the beginning island. It would help so many people and this would prevent those who mess up with their lava frequently.
Trust me, a lot of people are just gonna start their cobble gen without noticing the sign like their literally blind

MeltedCloud29

↠ Far From Home ↞
Staff member
Well a way to counter act the failing at building a cobble gen is having the players (when they first ever join sb1) automaticaly spawn on the tutorial island but the next time they ever join sb1, they spawn at the main spawn.
that was an idea ver had, but that would be very hard to implement

QuotedMoney

Staff member
Helper
Ver has that idea yes, should have e probably stated him saying that...I'll edit my message saying that.

I think this is a good idea. After all, if they don’t read the big blaring sign and mess up.... its their fault. :p but this will definitely help people who have no idea what /warp tuto is. Like it’s only for new players, but new players don’t know how to get there.

MeltedCloud29

↠ Far From Home ↞
Staff member
The thing is, there are npcs near spawn, one leading directly to the tutorial island. It might help some more players, but I still think two lava sources are the best idea

SouthScorpion11

SouthScorpion12#0999 dm me for help :D
Staff member
Administrator
/is reset is a thing do that if ya screw up

Imout007

I IS TEH BEST
Staff member
The sign I suggested before could be on top of the chest, so they see it no matter what.

MeltedCloud29

↠ Far From Home ↞
Staff member
The sign I suggested before could be on top of the chest, so they see it no matter what.
Doesn’t mean they’ll still go to the tutorial island.. I honestly think that the two lavas will be the best idea no matter what
@FiberglassCivic what do you think

Imout007

I IS TEH BEST
Staff member
OP generators (that use 2 lava) should be paid for, no pity on new players until the reset. We all started somewhere, whether it was ruining a generator, and resetting your island or succeeding at your first cobble gen. Once again, it’d be unfair to players that have already starter their islands that have a generator that has 1 lava source block.

MeltedCloud29

↠ Far From Home ↞
Staff member
OP generators (that use 2 lava) should be paid for, no pity on new players until the reset. We all started somewhere, whether it was ruining a generator, and resetting your island or succeeding at your first cobble gen. Once again, it’d be unfair to players that have already starter their islands that have a generator that has 1 lava source block.
I honestly don't agree with this. It isn't pity, its helping the new players out
If they mess up their gens, they have another chance, is it that big of a deal? how are they supposed to save up the money to get more lava when they dont have a cobble generator in the first place?

Imout007

I IS TEH BEST
Staff member
I honestly don't agree with this. It isn't pity, its helping the new players out
If they mess up their gens, they have another chance, is it that big of a deal? how are they supposed to save up the money to get more lava when they dont have a cobble generator in the first place?
They can reset their island.. which is better than giving them a spare lava.

Tbh when ppl screw up there gens I have to buy them lava -.- so two lavas isn’t a bad idea help the newbies and the pros from either messin up the gens or pros buying 50k lava for the newbies that messed up thier gen.

Plus the newbies don’t look at player commands, I didn’t when I started.